1. The economic boom of 1945-1970 began in the countries of
1) Latin America
2) Central Asia
3) North America and Europe
4) South-East Asia
2. The Breton-Wood world financial system was characterized by
1) introduction of common European currency
2) establishment of a fixed gold content of the dollar
3) fixing of dollar exchange rates in European countries
4) US financial aid to European countries
3. What is the consequence of an increase in the production of cheap oil?
1) a decline in food prices
2) an increase in unemployment in Europe
3) a decline in income in the Gulf countries
4) economic growth in Western Europe
4. To which type of production does the following characteristic apply: an increase in production due to improvements in technology?
5. A prerequisite for the economic crisis of the 1970s was
1) discovery of cheap oil deposits
2) reduction of unemployment in Western countries
3) abolition of the gold content of the dollar
4) mutual debts of Western European countries
6. When did the transition to a post-industrial society begin?
1) in the early 1960s
2) in the early 1970s
3) in the mid-1970s
4) in the mid-1980s.
7. Why is post-industrial society also called information society?
1) because of the special significance of the mass media in society.
2) rapid development of information technologies, computers, communication systems and knowledge – the basis for innovation and further development
3) due to the increased awareness of the population about domestic and foreign policy events
4) due to the appearance of information on the results of industrial production development
8. The economic crisis of the 1970s began after
1) adoption of the Marshall Plan
2) cancellation of the gold content of the dollar
3) crises of overproduction of cheap oil
4) stock collapse on the Tokyo International Stock Exchange
9. Which of the following is characteristic of the third industrial technological revolution?
1) intensive development path
2) development of nuclear industry
3) development of internal combustion engine
4) beginning of industrial engineering
10. Correlate the type of society with the features characteristic of this type.
|Characteristic features||Types of society|
|A) employment of the population in industry||1) industrial|
|B) development of small-scale production||2) postindustrial|
|C) beginning of intensive technologies application|
|D) predominantly automated production|
1. New features of economic development in the postwar years include
1) liberalization of world trade
3) predominant development of agriculture
2) expansion of areas under crops
4) accent on development of extractive industry
2. An international organization was created in accordance with the decisions of Breton Woods
1) United Nations
2) European Economic Community
3) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
4) World Trade Organization
3. Which commodity was relatively inexpensive in the mid-20th century and almost supplanted coal?
4 The economic crisis of the 1970s began after the
1) a sharp increase in the price of oil by Arab oil-producing countries
2) the mass closure of British coal mines
3) the beginning of the scientific and technological revolution in Europe
4) the collapse of stocks on the Tokyo International Stock Exchange
5. Which of the following is part of the information society?
1) the processes of urbanization of the population
2) the majority of the population is employed in industrial plants
3) workers are beginning to be mechanized
4) adoption of computer technology in industrial production
6. Neoconservative economic policy assumes
1) growth of social expenditures and strong social policies
2) profligate use of budgetary funds
3) extensive privatization of state enterprises
4) increase in social protest due to a reduction in social support
7. Among the characteristics of the global economic crises of 1974-1975 and 1980-1982, identify the following.
1) decrease in the volume of production
2) transition to resource-efficient technology
3) mass unemployment
4) decline in world trade
8. Which characteristic is not part of a postindustrial society?
1) the main product of production is manufactured goods
2) the technical progress is reflected in economics, efficiency, and ecological purity
3) decentralization of management
4) individualization of production and consumption
9. What is production, which saves energy, materials and labor costs, called?
10. What scientific advances are associated with a new stage of the scientific and technological revolution?
1) discovery of nuclear energy and the invention of rockets
2) use of internal combustion engine, development of aeronautics
3) discovery and widespread use of electricity, development of elementary particle physics
4) invention of microprocessors, development of computers, biotechnology and genetic engineering.