1) Choose the correct statements.
a) It is forbidden to work on a computer with wet hands and in wet clothes.
b) It is forbidden to open any programs on the computer
c) It is forbidden to tidy up the workplace after finishing the lesson.
d) It is forbidden to work with PC which have the damage of casing or wires.
e) It is forbidden to put briefcases, bags or books on the table near the PC. Only pens and notebooks should be on the table.
i) It is forbidden to inform the teacher if the computer malfunctions.
f) It is forbidden to work on the computer without the help of a neighbor.
g) It is forbidden to put anything on the keyboard.
2) If there is a smell of burning or a strange sound, you must:
a) Continue working quietly at the computer.
b) Notify the instructor.
c) Leave the classroom immediately.
3) Leave the room without permission from the instructor:
a) Not allowed.
b) Is necessary
c) You may, if you stand up quietly and leave gently.
4) What to do if you smell burning, or see damage to equipment, or hear a strange sound from the computer?
a) Inform the instructor
b) Fix the problem on your own
c) Restart the computer.
d) Continue working without paying attention to the problem.
5) What should I do if my keyboard or mouse doesn’t work?
a) Press the buttons harder
b) Try to twist the cables to see if it works
c) Independently check that the device is plugged into your computer.
d) Notify the teacher
e) Restart the computer.
6) How should you sit at your computer?
a) As best you can see
b) Make sure the line of sight is in the center of the display
c) Does not matter.
7) What rules should a user follow to do the least amount of damage to their health when working at a computer?
a) Sit 30 cm away from the monitor.
b) Sit upright, do not twist on the chair
c) Sit where you feel comfortable
d) You can collapse on a table
8) Is it allowed to connect personal devices such as headphones, speakers, different types of media and other devices to the computer?
a) Not at all
b) Yes, but with power off
c) Yes, but only with instructor’s permission and with power off
d) Always possible.
9) Picture on the monitor blinks and flickers. What should you do?
a) Review the monitor settings and correct them.
b) Restart the computer.
c) Notify a teacher.
d) Shake the monitor.
10) What is the correct way to remove the flash drive ?
a) Take it out of the USB port.
b) Turn off the computer, remove the USB flash drive from the USB port.
c) Finish performing operations on the flash drive, eject using the Safely Remove Hardware operation.
d) Call a teacher.
11) How does the computer harm the user’s health?
a) It worsens eyesight.
b) You can strain your hand with the mouse
c) Blisters may get chafed.
d) Teeth can hurt.
12) When you finish working at your computer, what should you do?
a) Tidy up the workplace, close the windows of all programs, close the chair, return all materials to the teacher, turn the computer off if necessary
b) Sign out in the logbook for the computer session
c) Leave the room
d) Turn off computer.
13) At what distance from the monitor should you work?
a) 40 – 50 cm
(b) 50 – 60 cm
c) 60 – 70 cm
d) 70 – 80 cm
e) 80 – 90 cm
14) What is not forbidden to do in the office?
a) Work with wet or dirty hands
b) To plug or unplug cables, to touch cable connectors
c) Running, jumping
d) Enter the room without shoes on
15) May I touch the back of the monitor and the system unit?
a) Absolutely not.
b) Yes, when power supply is off
c) Yes, but only with administrator’s permission and with power off
d) Always allowed