1) Write in English your…
Home Address _______________________________________
Date of Birth ________________________________________
Favorite subject ____________________________________
Favorite sport ______________________________________
2) Write the correct word by transcription:
Dance [sku:l] ___________ was [greɪt] ____________. All the children [laɪkt] __________ it very [mʌtʃ] ____________. Helen danced with [nɪk] __________. But Nina [wɒz] ________ wasn’t interested in [wɪð] ________ Ben’s dancing because he was [bæd] ________ a dancer. He stepped on it [fi:t] __________ all the time [taɪm] ___________.
3) Write the names of the countries in Russian:
4) Match the antonyms:
1. cheerful a) old
2. sunny b) silly
3. young c) sad
4. long d) overcast
5. clever e) short
5) Write one more word in each line:
a) tiger, fox, bear, ____________________
b) nose, ear, head, ___________________
c) sheep, cow, horse, __________________
d) table, closet, desk, _______________
6) Correlate the questions and their corresponding answers:
1) Can you swim?
2) Is his duck fat?
3) Are Ben’s cats slim?
4) Does Ann know how to jump?
5) Can Nick sing?
a) No, he can’t.
b) Yes, he can.
c) Yes, he can.
d) No, he can’t.
e) No, he can’t.
English Language Olympiad 4th grade
I. Phonetics. Mark the word …
1. in which the letter “i” reads as the [I] sound
a) hello b) time c) give d) as
2. the letter “e” reads like the [e] sound
a) talk b) smart c) is d) please
3. the letter “a” reads like the [hey] sound
a) have b) cat c) snake d) start
II. Vocabulary. What word can you add to each line? Choose the correct answer.
4. giraffe, kangaroo, lion, tiger, ______
a) dog b) elephant c) cat
5. field, forest, road, river,______
a) hall b) ball c) hill
a) hour b) our c) warm
7. chair, couch, table, desk,______
a. head,b) bed,c) bread
8. under, over, behind, between,______
a) near, b) love, c) hear
III. Verbs to be, to have (got). Choose the correct answer.
9.This is _____ orange juice.
a) to have b) to have c) to have
10. I _____ drink tea with sugar.
a) is (b) is (c) is
11. _____ Do you and your friend ride bicycles?
a) are b) are c) are
IV. Present, past, and future tense. Choose the correct answer.
12. Yesterday the children _____ played soccer in the yard
a) played b) played c) will play
13. I don’t _____ milk in the evening
a) drink b) drink c) drink
14. My brother _____ goes to school every day
a) goes b) goes c) will go
15. Our family _____ is going to London next year
a) will go b) will go c) will go
16. Tomorrow she _____ her grandmother
a) will visit b) will visit c) will visit
V. Read the text. Do a comprehension test on the text you have read. If the statement is true, put a “T” (True) next to the number; if not, put an “F” (False).
The Fox and the Grapes
One day the fox went for a walk. He went over to the wall and saw some sweet grapes there. The fox wants to get and eat the sweet grape. But the sweet grape is very high up on the wall. Then the fox jumps to get the grapes.
He jumps again and again, but he can’t get the grapes.
He gets very angry and decides to stop. Then the fox says, “The grapes are green and sour. It’s very sour.” And he walks away.
17) The fox sees some pears on the tree.
18) The fox doesn’t want to eat the grapes.
19) Sweet grapes hang high on the wall.
20) The fox jumps to get the grapes.
21) The fox tries again and gets the grapes.
22) The fox says the grapes are green and sour.
Answers: 17) F 18) F 19)T 20)T 21)F 22)T