1. Use PAST SIMPLE or PAST PERFECT to complete the sentences
1) When I (get)__________to the party, it (already start)___________raining.
2) Yesterday we (start) ______ our training only after Harry (return) ________.
3) Jason (open)_______the window. A white sheet of snow (cover)__________the ground.
4) Sue gave me a call to say they (not buy)_________the necessary sportswear yet.
5) Lucy (not can)______________remember the fact her friend (mention)__________the day before.
6) When I (meet)_____Fohn, I (understand)______ that I (see)_______him before.
7) When the second group of tourist(arrive)_______in London, the first group (already leave)____.
2. Use the functional words from the box to complete the sentences.
1. Our team has an advantage_____yours. We can train ____the gym every day.
2. I am sure John is a man ____honour.
3. We discussed our possible route and decided to end____in Moscow.
4. We ended the dinner_____coffee and chocolate cake.
5. How many goals did John score ____the game?
6. Pupuls were excited_____the trip to the mountains.
7. Sue smiled_____us and said she had won the competition.
8. Is Andrew playing_____your hockey team?
9. After their long travels they ended ____in London.
3. Choose the right words to complete the sentences.
1)There are eight people in the spaceship (team/crew).
2) Bob can be (honest/dishonest). He tells lies easily.
3) If you are not trained enough, doing some exercises can be (painless/painful).
4) When Jim saw Mary, she was crying and looked absolutely (helpful/helpless).
5) The pupils ended their meeting (in/with) the school hymn.
Rainbow English 8. Test 1. Sport and outdoor activities.
1.Use PAST SIMPLE or PAST PERFECT to complete the sentences
1) Jenifer (complete)____________the training by 7 o’clock.
2) I just (finish) ____________ writing my essay, when Laura (phone) ______.
3) When we (meet)__________, John (already do)__________everything for our next class.
4) Bob was wearing shorts and a T-shirt. He (wash)_______his sports suit.
5) When the second group of tourists (arrive) in London, the first group already (leave).
6) They (go)____home after the film (finish)________.
7) The children (go)____to the skating rink as soon as they (return)________from the museum.
2.Use the functional words from the box to complete the sentences.
1. I don’t think boxing is a sport ____my taste.
2. Fred stole the money and ended____in a jail.
3. Soon Alec joined us____the game.
4. Never cry____such little things.
5. Do you know what happened _____the end _____the match?
6. Kitty has always played_____their hochey team.
7. Peter fell down and cried _____pain.
8. The match ended_____the victory of the opponent’s team.
9. The kids were excited_____the motor races.
4. Choose the right words to complete the sentences.
1) There are great (climatic/climate) changes in this region.
2) Your answer is not quite full Peter. (What else/where else) can you add to it.
3) The students lost their way in the forest but fortunately they ended (up/in) at the camp.
4) Mark was (excited/exciting) about going abroad.
5) To know three foreign languages is a great (advantage/disadvantage).