1. In what year was basketball invented:
a) 1891 +
2. Who invented basketball:
b) Naismith +
3. When was the International Basketball Federation created:
a) June 21, 1940
b) December 5, 1955
c) June 18, 1932 +
4. Where and when was the first exhibition basketball tournament organized:
a) III O. I. in St. Louis +
b) 1st O.I. in Athens
c) The 8th O.I. in Paris
5. When was the first exhibition basketball tournament organized:
c) 1904 +
6. When was basketball included in the Olympic program:
a) 1908, IV O.I., London
b) 1936, XI O.I. in Berlin +
c) 1952, XV 0.I., Helsinki
7. At which Olympic Games was women’s basketball first included in the competition program?
a) The XVIIth Olympic Games in Rome in 1960
b) The 14th Olympic Games in London in 1948
c) XXI O.I. – Montreal, 1976 +.
8. Ball handling technique includes one of the following techniques:
c) catching +
9. Ball handling technique includes one of the following techniques:
b) passes +
10. The ball handling technique includes one of the following:
a) ball handling +
c) running over
11 The ball handling technique includes one of the following:
b) shots to the basket +
12. The technique of movement in basketball includes:
a) walking, running +
c) throwing the ball
13. The technique of movements in basketball is:
a) throwing the ball
b) shots to the basket
c) jumps +
14. The technique of movements in basketball is:
c) passing the ball
15. The technique of movement in basketball is:
a) ball passes
b) turns +
c) shots to the basket
16. How many people play on the court as part of one team:
c) 5 +
17. Basketball first spread from the United States to:
a) Great Britain, France, Germany, China, Japan
b) China, Japan, the Philippines +
c) Germany, France, Russia, Latvia, South America
18. The dimensions of a basketball court are:
a) 12m. X 24m.
b) 9 m. X 18m.
c) 14m. X 26m. +
19. At what height is the basketball basket:
a) 300 cm.
b) 305 cm. +
c) 260 cm.
20. How much time a team can have possession of the ball before taking a shot at the ring:
a) 24 seconds +
b) 30 seconds.
c) 20 seconds.
21. How many steps can be taken after dribbling the ball:
b) 2 +
22. How long a team can have possession of the ball on its side of the court:
a) 10 sec.
b) 18 sec.
c) 8 seconds +
23. Duration of a basketball game:
a) 4 halves of 15 minutes.
b) 4 halves of 10 minutes +
c) 2 halves of 20 minutes each
24. How many points are given for scoring from the free throw line:
a) 3 points
b) 2 points
c) 1 point +
25. Which number the basketball players’ numbers begin with:
b) 4 +
26. How much time does a player have to throw the ball away?
a) 5 sec. +
b) 3 sec.
c) 7 seconds.
27. Teaching handoffs on the move should begin after students have mastered the technique of catching and passing the ball on the spot and stopping with two steps:
a) throwing to the basket
b) passing the ball
c) catching the ball +
28. Group catching the ball is used most often:
a) when actively defending and pressing +
b) in the opponent’s half of the court
c) when the team is clearly losing
29. The choice of the method and trajectory of transmissions also depends on:
a) the condition of the athletic court surface
b) nature of opponent’s opposition +