TECHNOLOGIES OF CREATING AND PROCESSING TEXTUAL INFORMATION
Choose one or more correct answers.
A word processor is…
a) application software designed to create and work with tables;
b) application software for creating, editing, formatting, and printing text documents;
c) application software designed to store, use and update data;
d) application software, intended for creation and processing of graphic images.
2. What are the functions of a word processor?
a) Editing a document;
b) formatting the document;
c) checking spelling;
d) creating summary and cumulative tables;
e) embedding formulas in the text;
f) embedding tables and other graphical representations into the text;
f) statistical data processing.
3. Word processors include the program…
a) Microsoft PowerPoint;
b) Microsoft Excel;
c) Microsoft Outlook;
d) Microsoft Word.
4. Text editing is:
a) the process of making changes to existing text;
b) the procedure of saving text on disk as a text file;
c) the process of transferring text information over a computer network;
d) the procedure of reading a previously created text from an external storage device.
5. The text formatting procedure involves:
a) writing text to a buffer;
b) deleting text to Recycle Bin;
c) undoing a previous operation performed on the text;
d) automatic change of appearance of a text document or its separate parts.
6. What is the minimal element of a text?
a) a paragraph;
b) a word;
c) a symbol;
d) a sentence.
7. A character entered from the keyboard when typing is displayed on the monitor at a position defined by…
b) the status bar;
c) cursor position;
d) the position of the previous character.
8. What is a header?
a) the separator of columns of text;
b) an area of the page in which the reference text is located;
c) a fragment of text that has a specific layout;
d) an explanation of a single word.
9. When typing, one word is separated from another by…
10. Paragraphs in a text document are separated from each other by pressing the key…
11. Which key can you use to delete a character to the left of the cursor (i.e., in front of it)?
c) ← (BACKSPACE);
12. Which key can you use to delete the character to the right of the cursor (i.e., after it)?
c) ← (BACKSPACE);
13. Which key should be held when selecting different text elements of the same document?
14. To quickly paste a copied element, use this key combination:
a) Ctrl + V;
b) Ctrl + C;
c) Ctrl + A;
d) Ctrl + X.
15. Which page orientation does NOT exist?
d) there is no correct answer.
16. Which lists are NOT in a word processor?