Choose correct judgments about social conflict and write the numbers underneath them.
1. Compromise is the resolution of social conflict through mutual concessions.
- Social conflict begins with armed confrontation.
- Social conflict is a specific form of social interaction between social groups and communities, associated with the unequal possession of limited resources and benefits.
- According to the grounds of occurrence distinguish such social conflicts as conflict of interests, conflict of values and conflict of identity.
- Because social conflicts arise spontaneously, society can never regulate or prevent them.
2. The positive function of social conflict is
- Forming a perception of defeated groups as enemies
- Defusing tensions between conflicting parties
- Decrease in the degree of cooperation between a part of the employees
- Emotional and material costs of participating in the conflict. 3.
3. The cause of social conflict can be
- The limited resources to be distributed 1.
- Psychological protection of the individual
- Stabilization of the personality for the protection of the sphere of consciousness
- The emergence of thoughts and feelings that pose a threat to self-esteem. 4.
4. best way to resolve conflict is to
- Its gradual fading
- Reaching a consensus
- Denial of the defense of one’s interests
5. Informal methods of social control include
- A reprimand
- A bonus
6. Primary social control is exercised by
- Police 2. The court 3. School 4. Family
7. The two main elements of social control are
- Socialization and conformism
- Coercion and exclusion.
- Norms and sanctions
- Written laws and regulations
- Write the word missing from the table.
Type of conflict
The purpose of the conflict
Struggle for power
Struggle for resources, spheres of influence, distribution of property
9. Below is a list of terms. All but two of them refer to the concept of “social conflict. Find these two terms and write them down in your answer.
- Opposing parties 2. Paradox 3. Escalation
- Pathology 5. Hidden stage 6. Long-term
10. Choose correct judgments about social conflict and write down the numbers under which they are indicated.
- Social conflict is an open confrontation, a clash of two or more subjects (parties) of social interaction, the causes of which are incompatible needs, interests and values.
- Social inequality, which inevitably exists in every society and causes natural social dissatisfaction among people, always leads to social conflict.
- The consequences of conflict can only be negative, because the conflict increases the tension in society, its destabilization and disintegration.
- Social contradictions are the main determinants of social development, which permeate all spheres of social relations and for the most part do not escalate into conflict.
- Conflict arises when ripe contradictions are recognized by the parties as incompatible and each party seeks to seize a position that excludes the intentions of the other side.
11. Match a type of deviant behavior with a specific example of behavior: for each position given in the first column, match the corresponding position in the second column.
TYPE OF DEVIANT BEHAVIOR
A) Citizen Sh. and Citizen E. picked up stray dogs and gave them to a kennel
B) citizen M. bequeathed his money to a kindergarten
C) citizen M. went to visit her friend, leaving her three-year-old daughter at home alone
D) student P. failed to give up her seat on the bus to a disabled person
E) a group of young people made a fire in the forest during a dry, hot summer to cook shashlik
1) deviant positive
2) deviant negative
12. Name any three forms of social conflict and illustrate each with an example (first name the form of conflict and then illustrate with an example).
12- the meaning of the concept: social conflict, the subject of which is an economic good; suggestions: 1) for example, the most common cause of socio-economic conflicts is the level of wages and the level of prices for goods and services; 2) in socio-economic conflicts the main opposing parties are employers and wage earners.